Pray for Dan and Sharon Buttry ministering as global consultants to bring peace and justice where conflict and injustice exists.October 25, 2017
Dan serves as an International Ministries global consultant for peace and justice. Dan works with International Ministries missionaries and national church partners around the world to deal constructively with conflict situations. These conflicts may be social and political conflicts within a country, or they may be conflicts within the national church bodies that negatively impact Christian witness.
Dan trains church and community leaders in conflict transformation skills, utilizing experiential education methodologies and Bible study. He consults with church leaders about conflicts plaguing them, and in some situations participates in mediation teams between conflicted parties. Dan also enables people interested in conflict transformation to accompany him and develop training and facilitation skills alongside him.
Sharon serves part-time as a global consultant for community transformation. In this ministry, Sharon provides consultation and training of community and conflict transformation at the request of American Baptist International MInistries’ global partners, primarily in coordination with and complementing the work of her husband Dan.
Dan writes: Praise God for:
• Central Baptist Theological Seminary launching a new Dan and Sharon Buttry Center for Peace and Nonviolence! Very exciting development for us!
• A profound training trip to Sri Lanka with workshops held across the country.
• The impact that some of our resources on the website (www.danbuttry.com) has already had on some partners. One church leader in Sri Lanka eagerly went through the training videos and commented about how helpful they were to him.
Please lift up before God's Mercy Seat these concerns:
• Sharon's health and strength--she is dealing with an annoying case of shingles that has last over a month now.
• For the success of a fund-raising letter going out after Thanksgiving to many donors and possible donors to support our missionary work and our various projects.
• For my upcoming trip to Ukraine and Italy (leaving on Saturday). In Ukraine I'll be teaching a course at the Ukraine Evangelical Theological Seminary (my fifth time doing this) as well as holding workshops in eastern Ukraine near the war zone. In Italy, we'll be meeting with Italian Baptists to plan another 10-day Training of Conflict Transformation Trainers, and then I'll go to southern Italy to do workshops among African migrants and the various community leaders and social workers assisting them.
• Last, but not least, for God's grace as my mother, Harriet Buttry, an amazing Christian woman, spends the final days of her life. She's had Alzheimer's for many years and is now in hospice care.