Valentine's Day 2014
Garden at Doi Ang Khang
Prayer and Praise for March, 2014
Daily I am grateful for people around the world who pray and give financially for the people I work with here in Thailand. I am also thankful for those who are able to visit and encourage us personally. In April, I will welcome a team from the US who will help with a camp for our House of Love kids, and I invite you to be praying as all these details come together. And, I appreciate the other godly adults on our staff who pour their lives into our kids daily. I also am grateful for the good churches our kids are able to attend, and for a new in-depth Bible study that many of our youth are now attending. Praise God for His family and how they help raise our kids up to be people of God!
· I am finishing a project proposal with Khun Saylo for the Christian Center for the Development of People with Disabilities (CDPD). Thank you for praying for favor as we outline the project for the Finnish government.
· Our House of Love (HOL) students are in the midst of finals plus end of the year projects. We would appreciate prayer for each student to do his/her best and finish well. Graduation will be later in March, and we have several graduations to celebrate this year. Look to next month’s newsletter for pictures.
· Please also pray for our HOL staff as they make plans for our students during the school break. About half of our kids have extended family that they can visit for part of the time, but there are lots of logistics to figure out when you have 30 kids you are raising! We also have a one-time problem, as Thai universities are changing to a calendar year similar to the US (so our university students will not return to school in May, but wait until August.) These students will have nearly 6 months off of school—and we want to help them be productive.
· All of our students at the House of Blessing (HOB) are also finishing up their school year. We will have 15 graduate and continue into Thai schools in May. Pray for a good ending to the school year, and a safe hot season break for all of our children.
· I would again ask for personal prayer for myself. There are many complicated issues and I am so very aware of the need of God’s wisdom in dealing with problems in a gracious way. I thank you in advance for your faithfulness in praying!
· I have included two photos from an impromptu trip our HOL family took on Valentine’s Day. It turned out the 14th was a day off of school, so we all headed to a beautiful garden at Doi Ang Khang and had a wonderful today together—good memories and lots of smiles!