Compelled by Love
House Mother Needed (Long Term Volunteer position)
Maintains daily routine of the House during shift.
The Transition House (TH) is a transitional facility, providing safe accommodation for survivors of human trafficking, sexual exploitation, and domestic abuse. House Mothers are part of a team dedicated to holistic healing and restoration of dignity as we help women return safely to their home country. As a House Mother you will oversee the daily routine of the residence, while pursuing nurturing, meaningful relationships with residence. This is a full time volunteer position. House Mothers will serve four days per week.
Applicants with a social work or similar background are preferred, though not required.
This is a volunteer position requiring at least one shift weekly, up to four days per week. This has potential to be a part-time or full-time position.
· Accommodates the Client after the Admission to the House, i.e. provides with personal living space, Personal Hygiene Kit, offers shower and laundry, holds an orientation to house rules;
· Develops Chores Schedule, daily menu and assigns chores;
· Responsible for execution of the Transition House day-to-day operations;
· Emails case notes to email@example.com at the end of the shift or work day, pending the Case Management System;
· Manages Client-Client conflict resolution;
· Enforces House rules;
· During medical treatment assists Clients with timely dosages of medication;
· Builds healthy healing relationships with the women;
· Responsible for purchasing of House needs;
· Can be a Trainer in the area of expertise and/or lead worship, if applicable.
Line of communication:
- Supervised and accountable to the House Manager and Assistant Manager;
- Speaks directly with the women at the House regarding the implementation of schedules.