Liberia and Ghana
Join two International Ministries area directors on an unforgettable and transformative mission experience: the Heritage Mission Adventure to Ghana and Liberia (West Africa) on April 6–19, 2018!
Ghana—the land from which enslaved ancestors were taken; Liberia—the land to which freed descendants returned!
Participants will visit historical and cultural sites; and reflect and dialogue on the significance of history and culture on our sense of identity and our practice of mission. They will worship and fellowship with sisters and brothers in partner churches; visit partners’ educational institutions; and have opportunities to meet leaders of the Ghana Baptist Convention, the Liberia Baptist Missionary and Educational Convention, and the Liberia Direct Baptist Missionary Conference.
Other major points of interest on the proposed itinerary include visits to:
- W.E.B. DuBois Center and Nkrumah Mausoleum in Accra (Ghana)
- American Baptist missionary Rovaughna Richardson and ministry of the Baptist Vocational Training Center in Frankadua (Ghana)
- Manhyia Palace (Ashanti Kingdom), Kumasi (Ghana)
- Kente-weaving village
- Slave River in Assin Manso (Ghana)
- Cape Coast Castle (Ghana)
- Historic Providence Baptist Church (Liberia)
- Bushrod and Providence Islands (Liberia)
- Cultural event (Liberia)
Registration closes the end of August 2017!